Pharmacy Accuracy Checking Technician
35hrs a week Monday to Friday
Come and join the Vantage family. We are an independent family-run Community Pharmacy striving to provide fabulous service to all our patients. We are located in the heart of the community adjacent to a health centre. We are looking for a Pharmacy Technician (ACT) to join us for a minimum of 6 months. We require someone who is currently working at ACT level and who possesses a checking qualification and is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) with relevant recent community pharmacy experience.
How will you do it?
Provide expert technical knowledge on the accurate supply of the medicines we dispense and services we offer, letting customers know that we are here to help.
Build great relationships with the Pharmacy team and inspire them to work to a high standard to ensure we give our customers and patients the best care possible.
Look at where we can improve, whether it’s the services we offer or our approach to providing outstanding customer care. You’ll be part of helping us get the best from our team.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
You will be leading our dispensing activities. Working with our team to accurately check patient prescriptions, whilst meeting regulatory and company standards.
Inspire our team to be the best and continually provide real personable customer service that our patients can trust.
Your duties will include:
• Responsibility for legal, safe & ethical decision-making in the pharmacy
• Conducting a final accuracy check for prescriptions that have been clinically checked by a pharmacist
• Complying with legal and professional requirements
• Having bespoke conversations with every customer to ensure they leave our pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs and coaching other pharmacy team members to do the same
• Seeking opportunities to engage external stakeholders to secure locally commissioned services and drive services and items
• Delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring dispensing losses are minimised
• Ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing and endorsing prescriptions
• Dealing with all sorts of patient/prescriber/wholesaler queries and being able to resolve these quickly and efficiently
What you’ll need to have:
You’ll need to have lots of Pharmacy experience and be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.